Monday, October 19, 2009

Jade Blossom Restaurant 奥翠軒 @ Krystal Point, Bayan Lepas, Penang

Jade Blossom Restaurant is a upscale chinese restaurant in Bayan Lepas area. I came here is because V said there is a promotion. Otherwise, I might think twice before coming here.

It is not because I heard anything bad about Jade Blossom, it is because Penang has too many good and cheap chinese food around.

I couldn't remember the set was RM29.90 or RM39.90. If not mistaken, is RM29.90.

The appetizer is cucumber based salad. As usual, anything to do with cucumber, I am skipping it.

The lunch set come with free flow of chinese hot tea. The waiter/waitress will pour and refill the hot tea for you into your cup.

The set is for two person. It comes with 2 soups. Each person gets a bowl of its own. The soup tasted good and it is double-boiled.

3 main dishes are chosen from a long list. V and I chosen this taufoo with crab meat and fish roe as our vege dish. The crab meat is real unlike some cheaper restaurant uses crab stick as substitution. Two thumbs up for this dish.

2nd dish we chosen is sweet and sour pork. Before I forget, this restaurant is not halal :). We do appreciate if the pork is slightly crispier.

Here comes the 3rd dish, the steam fish in teochew style. I would say this dish is only so-so. The reason is the fish meat is not smooth enough. I suspect it is overcooked. Some of the fish meat also stick onto the plate. Overall still okay. No fishy smell or taste :)

Last but not least, the dessert is served. Each of us gets a bowl of red bean soup. The red bean is crushed till powder form. So it is a little thick. I personally liked it but V prefer the watery type. The choice is yours.

Side view of the red bean soup.

Jade Blossom Restaurant
Blok 1 Krystal Point 2,
Lbh Bukit Kecil 6,
11900 Bayan Lepas,
Pulau Pinang

GPS coordinate: N5 19.864 E100 17.926

1 comment: