Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lunch @ Kapitan Restaurant, Queensbay, Penang


Kapitan and Kayu are the two mamak "stall" I patron the most. I believe they have the best indian/malay food around. If you were to ask where is the best indian food I ever tasted, I have no doubt to tell you it is Tandoor.

My meal starts with a iced tea with milk.


V starts with iced lime drink.


Then we ordered the garlic butter naan. V noticed that from garlic naan -> butter naan -> garlic butter naan, we need to add 50 cents each.


Garlic butter naan after processed by V. Processed means tear down to small bite size pieces. I think she really has good potential as in be a mother.


While I ordered claypot chicken briyani rice. This dish takes a while to come. The chicken is really good. Perfectly cooked. However, I am a little disappointed on the briyani rice today. It is a little too wet. V suspected it was just cooked so still wet. It is still early noon, so that might be the reason.


See the perfectly BBQ chicken. Yummy.



The briyani rice. Prefer to be dryer. I guess next round I will come for dinner instead.


Last but not least, the mushroom masala. Good for sharing. You would probably unable to finish the gravy if it is 2 person only. So I just finish the mushrooms and onions.

Kapitan Tandoori Restaurant (behind SEC, behind Max Gourmet)
Bayan Bay Shoplots corner lot
Solok Queensbay

GPS coordinates: N5 20.041 / E100 18.453

No comments: