Saturday, January 10, 2009

Chinese End Year Lunch for Year 2008 @ Double Good, Penang

My boss has been very good and he personally treat us chinese end year lunch in Double Good Restaurant. There has been some org change in my team hence not too sure next year we will have this kind of treat or not.

Year 2008 has been a personal challenge for me. I start to make decision on some circuits design myself as I own non-core portions of the board. Well, there has been errors due to my inexperience but we are living over it. But that's not all, my lead DE left and I am then ascended to the lead role. While I am still inexperience on the design process stuff, here I am, leading some less senior DE to complete the board. Am I the blind leading the blind? Hope everything turns up well though, luckily we are blessed, no major issues turned up so far. God bless !!

I can write pages of my experience in 2008 but let's focus back to the lunch.

A visit to double good will be not complete without indonesian prawn in gravy. We had a good portion of it :)


Sea cucumber, mushroom, dried oyster in claypot. Another good dish in DG.

Seasonal fried vege with cuttlefish and shrimps. High cholesterol food must mix a little with vege for health reason.

Kerabu chicken (some sort like thai style). I personally prefer the three cup chicken which is also another signature dish in DG. But once a while switch to Kerabu chicken is nice too.

Venison in ginger and spring onion. Yes I purposely write it this way. Looking for venison is like looking for treasure in the bush. None the less, a nice dish.

Signature toufu. This dish is available in many restaurant but DG cooks it slightly different. Give it a try if you visit.

No comments: