Sunday, April 5, 2009

On the way up to Mt. St. Helen

Johnston Ridge is closed during snowy time. Of course, I dont know until I almost reach. There is a sign saying that it is closed. Since I am here, I still drove up to the Hoffstadt Creek bridge.
This bridge is long and magnificient.

The bridge supported by 6 pillars. The view is even nicer with the snowy trees as background.

Slightly more than 2000 ft from sea level. Fully covered by snow.

I initially thought the reason why the road is not covered by snow is because the road is hotter, so the snow melted. Actually it is this big truck pushed the snow to the side.

Snowy..

Forest learning centre. Closed as well.

Hoffstadt Bluffs visitor center. A little snow.

A lake at the bottom of Mt. St. Helen.

I liked this picture a lot. I wonder if anyone would scroll to this picture since it is located at the last. If you didnt, you missed the treasure. LoL. I will edit it a little when go home. It needs to be slightly brighter.

No comments: