Monday, June 6, 2011

OMSI (Part 2: Experiments, Lunch & Minerals)

The first science experiment I got my hand into is about using water and air to propel water bottle up the air. See the green bottle at the bottom of the picture? It is shooting up. I am capturing in high speed.

Half way up the air. 40% water + 60% air mix.

It reaches the top. 40% water + 60% air seems to be a good mix.

Here is comes down. Waters splashing, take cover!

Typically laser is invisible. Using water vapor, we can see its trail. 

We are so used to bell curve, the normal distribution on probability. What is it really about. It seems to be to be a mathematically calculated formula discribing it.

Until now, I see it myself in OMSI. The balls drop from the middle, randomly more balls dropping to the middle region and less at the extreme corners. I watched this for 2-3 rounds, the bell curve always works. By the way, this only true is the sample size is big enough like these.

I also learned to make paper planes which needs to be stable under the air tunnel. Initially it wobbling around, some adjustments on the wings is all it needs. I saw many that failed :)

My lunch in OMSI. Looks nice but actually it really not tasty at all. The bread is cold. The soup is actually curry. The best of all is the Starbucks Mocha drink.

Myself on special mirror. 4 legs.

Good to see Intel is doing some sponsorship in this area.

Funny looking green stone named Azurite catched my eye.

Which is more valueble? If I didn't look at the information, I would think Pyrite is gold too. Pyrite has sulphur which makes up its yellowish color.

I am watching Imax version of Hubble Telescope movie in Omnimax theatre.

Yupe, this is the movie I watched. Actually just 30+ minutes.

No comments: