Saturday, October 10, 2009

Teppanyaki @ Sakae Izakaya / Teppanyaki, Autocity, Prai, Penang

V and myself went to Sakae Izakaya on our way home to Ipoh. This is our 1st visit. Our Taipei's teppanyaki experience is really good so we come with high expectations. Knowing this will be slightly expensive, we still headed in.

The interior of this restaurant is contemporary. Simple yet nice. It give us a feeling of fine dining. It has two level of dining area. Looking at the number of patrons, 2nd level likely to be close most of the time.

The seating is as usual surrounding the cooking area.
V and myself chosen the Gindara & Chicken set. The set has codfish, scallop and chicken. Price at a slightly premium RM39.90.

Here is the appetizer. Veges with mayonaise.

The set comes with a steamed rice. I prefer garlic rice hence upgraded it to prawn garlic fried rice. Where is the prawn?

Most importantly the cook didn't fried it in front of me. It was fried 4-5 seats on my right. I don't even know that is for me.. LoL

Here is the cod fish. This cod fish was again fried somewhere else, put in front of someone's face prior coming to me. Do I look like I am there for garlic fried rice only? Maybe I am because as usual, my out-of-work outfit is t-shirt, pants and slippers. The nicely suit up fella comes for tempura only yet the chef put the cod fish in front of him.

Anyway... forget it.

The cod fish not put on the frying plate to keep warm, instead just put on a clay plate. I start to miss Taiwan.

Here is the teppanyaki chicken. Taste good. I am not sure I am going to recommend this place for good. But for the food, it is good enough.


Sakae Teppanyaki / Sakae Izakaya
Auto City, Juru

Opening hours:
Mon-Thurs: 11.30am-10pm
Fri-Sun & Eve of Public Holidays: 11.30am-11pm

GPS coordinate: N5 20.309 E100 25.699

No comments: