Sunday, May 23, 2010

D90 + Tamron 17-50mm Test Shots @ Home

I recently changed from a Sony user to Nikon user. D90 price dropped substantially recently probably due to new models coming out soon. I grabbed this chance to convert as I am unhappy with Sony's noise performance and sub-standard viewfinder. No doubt Sony lens especially 16-80mm Carl Zeiss that I have is sharp and colour is vibrant, but generally Sony's low light performance is quite poor. A700 was a good one but it has been discontinued and I kept waiting for the replacement since then. It was a long wait. Furthermore, most of my friends are Nikonian prompted me to switch as well.

My D90 + Tamron 17-50mm didn't please me that well. Tamron comes with focusing issue. As you can see from the picture above, the eyes is not sharp. This is with auto focusing. I brought this whole set to Megastar, Alex helped to confirm the case. I scheduled to get a replacement Tamron lens sometime this wednesday. Hopefully everything will be good by then.

Here is another similar shot with manual focusing. I am not that good at manual focusing since Sony's viewfinder which is narrow and small made manual focusing very hard. 

As you can see the eye's is sharper. I shot this at F4.

Another shot with manual focusing. But I do notice the barrel distortion at the corners. I wonder if this happens to all Tamron 17-50mm?



No comments: