Monday, May 3, 2010

Italian food @ Ecco Cafe, Chulia Street, Penang

Ecco cafe located in Chulia Street. It is on the left if you coming from Penang Street.

It's openings hours are as above.

It looks like an old coffee shop. Don't expect this to be romantic. It is old and a little hot especially on sunny days. However, to my standard, it is clean.

Here is a snap shot on their menu. After visiting twice, I would suggest pasta more than pizza.

Fruit juice comes in ample portion. A nice full mug.

This is Truz (refer menu above). Cajun spiced chicken and banana in cream sauce. It comes with two slices of baguette. It tastes very much like other carbonara based pasta. The banana doesn't gives much taste to the sauce itself. However, it taste more like a banana chunk topping.
As for recommendation, I am uncertain. The reason is my 1st visit experience is this is the best fettucine carbonara I tasted in Penang. But my 2nd visit, the Truz tasted bland. 

I am not sure I am going to go for a 3rd visit. I might give it a try some day.

The Truz also comes with shrimps and mushroom too.

V had Louisiana pizza. It just tasted okay. You might like it if you likes thin crust pizza. It looks authentic.

No comments: