Sunday, May 23, 2010

Popiah @ Sisters Crispy Popiah, Sg. Wang

Sisters crispy popiah is a popular chain booth selling popiah around KL. I seen it in a few places before. So far still not seeing any in Penang. The one I went to recently located in Sg. Wang.

Pricing is okay for KL standard by it is pricey compared to Penang / Ipoh. For a little more than RM3, we can get 2 roll of popiah instead of one. But here is KL, so I ordered two rolls as I am sharing with V. I just ordered the normal ones. So total cost RM6.

Here comes the popiah complete with use & throw bamboo chopstick and steel spoon. It is presentable, let's see whether it tastes good.

This popiah is filled with a lot ~ 1/2 (see from picture) of fried crunchy stuff. So making the popiah crispy. It has very little sweet turnip (hokkien: bang kuang). Hence it also felt dry when eating. 

It definitely taste nice when eating the first roll, but felt too dry for second. If I were to eat more than 1 roll, it would be Penang's version of wet type. 

A more detailed look at the ingredients. No chilly?

As I mentioned earlier, my throat felt dry. Time for an ice-cream as dessert. 

Here is a turkish ice cream. It is has sticky chewy feeling. To demonstrate the stickiness, the seller normally turn the cone upside-down when you want to reach for it after paying :)

Eh.. this ice cream cost RM5 for 2 flavor mix. Single scope is RM3. Well.. KL everything is expensive. It is a heaven for rich people.


No comments: