Friday, June 13, 2008

Bali Hai @ Gurney Drive .. Part 2

Main dish of the day. Gigantic lobster cooked in wine sauce. Initially I thought this is two lobsters, actually this is only one. The sauce is great and aromatic, however the lobster meat is slightly hard, perhaps due to the lobster aged since it grown so big.

Unknown fish steamed in soy sauce. Fish is fresh. (I think I told you guys that I am particular on fish freshness some time ago, didn't I?) Nice piece work from Bali Hai, simple cooking but tasted good. Kudos!!

Mantis prawn deep fried. Most of the time mantis prawn is steamed but surprisingly deep fried tasted nice too. Especially when you are lazy to peel the legs. Well I did peel them off and just eating the meat. Scissors are also provided for you to cut thru the thick shell. These mantis prawn is big, isn't it?

Here in Malaysia, we won't be complete without some high carbohidrate food and veges. So here is the fried meehoon and young long beans. Even the long beans here tasted sweet and nice. They fried it with a kind of white colour veg that makes it eating with the long bean real nice.

Really a recommend place for quality food. However, the price is a bit high for this meal. I am pretty sure it is due to the lobster. V cross checked several other blog and found their price to be reasonable. The meal like this cost RM780+.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: