Monday, June 23, 2008

Thai Station @ Perangin Mall

I went to Komtar to get my camera bag last week. I sort of needed it as my old bag isn't convenient to withdraw camera as withdrawing camera needs to put the bag down. I now got myself a tamrac 8x which I can withdraw by swinging it to the front. Withdrawing the camera now takes only 5 seconds.

Back to food. We park in Perangin Mall and found this thai station restaurant. This is our 2nd visit. We don't come to Perangin Mall often. Our first visit was quite a while ago and hence can't really remember the experience.

Here it has some booths which is kinda cosy. There are tables too, if you prefer those.

There are some spices, chilies and peanut for those whom want to add more flavour to the dish. I ordered water chestnut and jackfruit dessert as drink and V ordered ice blended honey dew. I always order the same dessert in every thai restaurant. The honey dew drink is very sweet, you might want to add some water to it.

Here I ordered pandan chicken (the pandan wrapping is extra long), seafood tom yam soup and soft shell crab. Dishes are served with two white rice. Pandan chicken tasted okay, not much to talk about it.

Tom yam soup tasted good. Sweating and drinking the soup constantly (for those whom know me, I am not good at spicy food). This is red tom yam soup. There is another white tom yam soup (some called it clear tom yam soup).

Last but not least is this soft shell crab dish. Tasted okay and best served with chili sauce. Overall the dining experience is slightly above average. However the set back is, it cost a little more for the quality of the food it serves. For the same price, I would prefer Siriwan located in Krystal point. Give it a try for thai food lovers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: