Friday, June 27, 2008

Fisherman Grill @ Desaria, Sg. Ara

Fisherman Grill located at Sg. Ara. This is one of the first few western food restaurant I visited when I first worked in Penang.

Garlic bread is good, sometimes I even ordered extra portions (soup comes with 2 slices of garlic bread). Dessert is good as well.

Main course are so-so or to some extend below par compared to their other food served here. Specifically the pics here shows fish picata set lunch and duet of cod and salmon. The ala-carte here isn't cheap, the duet cost close to RM30 yet the quality is poor. Dont put high expectation on the main course.

Here comes the soup. This is included in the set lunch. You will be served a cup of soup (soup spoon on top). I still dont know exactly what soup is this. I am guessing spinash with chicken. Well, it tasted extremely well. In fact the soup is what makes me come back every time.

Since I ordered ala-carte, I dont get to have free soup. Since soup is what makes me coming back, I ordered this mushroom soup. It tasted very well too. General comment is the soup here are tasty. So far I never encounter any lower quality than recommended soup here before. So if you come here for the soup, you are on the safe side.Not to say the food here is bad, but the main course really needs some improvements. For now, what makes be coming back is still just the soup and garlic bread.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: